Skip to content

Updating GDAL PostGIS Raster driver

August 25, 2012
tags: ,

Those past days, I’ve been working on the GDAL PostGIS Raster driver. I commited a version with relevant changes some days ago. It works with irregular blocking (tiles of different size), different pixel sizes in tiles and is pretty much faster than the previous version. Currently, I’m debugging to solve some errors, but I plan to have a stable version for next week. Of course, any feedback is welcome.

So, you can download the last GDAL nightly snapshot or checkout the code from svn repository. Also, I keep a github repository just for the driver’s code. Feel free to clone it, comment, collaborate or just say “Hi”

Apart from that, as this blog is now part of the OSGeo Planet, I’m going to update it way more frequently. For the time being, I can commit with one post per month. Probably more.

About these ads
10 Comments leave one →
  1. September 1, 2012 09:04

Hey! Thanks for your efforts. I tried the gdal-svn-stable from 31.8.2012. Yet i still see no improvement from postgis raster driver in QGIS. Is this version the improved one, or im using the wrong one?

2. u2ros permalink
    September 2, 2012 21:02

Hmm, okay im fairly sure i used the correct gdal this time. The performance unfortunately is still unchanged. I cant even get it to work now (rasters load infinitely from postgis into qgis)

• September 2, 2012 22:44

Sorry to hear that. Could you send me your data? I’ll try to help you.

• September 3, 2012 07:56

I ll prepare a 2 tile orhophoto subset im working with, i ll send a link in the afternoon. Thanx

3. September 5, 2012 20:06

Hey, i have a batch of data ready, do you have an email or a more private way of communication? Anyway, i also figured im using postgis raster 2.0.1, is this an issue for the driver?

• September 6, 2012 00:02

Yes, you can send me the data to jorgearevalo at libregis.org. I suggest you to use a service like wetransfer.com, or share a Dropbox folder with me (same e-mail address). And about using PostGIS Raster 2.0.1, no problem with that.

4. image permalink
    December 9, 2012 17:44

Hello,
    Could you tell me if the gdal 9.2 released in October has the good and last (with updates)version of “Gdal postgis raster” ?

In advance, thank you to throw light for me.

Regards.

• December 10, 2012 10:34

No. The first stable version to include the last changes will be GDAL
      1.10, due to 2012/12/31.